THREE GATES AB and SLAPSHOT GAMES, LLC
Last Modified: April 30, 2018
2. Children Under the Age of 13 in USA and Canada and Under the age of 16 in the EU. The Game and Services are not intended for children, defined as under 13 years of age in the United States and Canada, and under 16 years of age in the European Union, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us immediately at: email@example.com – Attention: OCR – Data Protection and Compliance Officer.
3. Information We Collect and How We Collect It.We collect information from and about users of our Game and Services: (i) directly from you when you provide it to us; and (ii) automatically when you use the Game or Services.
3.1 Information You Provide to Us. When you access or use the Game or Services, we may collect personally identifiable information, such as name, physical address, postal address, email address, telephone number, Steam ID, location data, or any other information we might collect that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“Personal Information“). This information may include: (i) information you provide by filling in forms for the Game and Services when you register, request certain information, or report a problem with the Game or Services; (ii) records and copies of our correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us; (iii) your responses to surveys; (iv) details on transactions you carry out through the Game or Services.
3.2 Information Collected Automatically and Tracking. When you download, access or use the Game or Services, we may automatically collect: (i) usage details (including traffic data, location data, communication data and the resources you access and use through the Game and Services); (ii) device information (including IP address, operating system, hardware ID, and chat records in-game); and (iii) location information (including real-time information about the location of your connected device). If you do not want us to collect this information,you may not access the Game or Services as it is not possible for the game to function without matchmaking (requires IP address and location, as well as Steam ID to login), and quality of service and anti-cheat measures (requires IP address and location, Steam ID, communication data, resource data, hardware information). Without the required data, the game will not run as the servers require this data to provide the gameplay experience.
3.2.1 Information Collection Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include cookies (or mobile cookies) or web beacons. Cookies are small files sent to and stored on the computer or device you use to access or use our Game or Services. Cookies may be used to monitor use of our Game or Services, customize content specific to your interests, ensure that you do not see the same advertisements repeatedly and prevent fraud. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your computer or device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain portions of our Game or Services.
3.2.2 Third-Party Information Collection. When you access or use the Game or Services, or access their content, certain third parties, such as advertisers, analytics companies (e.g. Google Analytics), your mobile device manufacturer or your mobile service provider may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you, your computer or your device. The information these third parties collect may be associated with your personal information or your online or mobile activities over time and across different websites, Games and other online services websites. Such third parties may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
4. How We Use Your Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you consent to providing to us, including any personal information, to: (i) provide you with the Game and Services and their contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us; (ii) fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, such as facilitating interactions with third parties; (iii) give you notices about your account and any subscriptions, including expiration and renewal notices; (iv) carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; and (v) notify you when updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through the Game and Services. The usage information we collect helps us improve our Game and Services and deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, customize our Game and Services according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you use the Game or Services.
5. Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose aggregated information about our users. Also, we may disclose your personal information to: (i) our subsidiaries and affiliates; (ii) contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are contractually bound to keep your personal information confidential and only use it for purposes for which we disclose it to them; (iii) to a buyer or other successor to all or substantially all of our assets, or to the assets of any division related hereto, through merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer; (iv) to comply with any court order, law or legal process; (v) to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; or (vi) if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, or those of our customers or others.
7. Your California Privacy Rights. Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who use our Game or Services may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at Three Gates AB, ATTN: Privacy Department, S:t Hansgatan 35, 621 56 Visby, Sweden.
8. Data Security. We implement measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss or unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to protect your user information and password and to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Game or Services, which may be viewed by other users of the Game or Services. Unfortunately, transmitting information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information when transmitted through our Game or Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk, and we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
9. GDPR Compliance. If you are a citizen of the EU, we understand the data protection regulations and are focused on full compliance with GDPR. If you feel we have made a mistake, or need to correct anything related to our handling of your data, please contact us at: email@example.com – Attention: OCR Data Protection and Compliance Officer, and we will address the concern immediately.